Wednesday 30 September 2015

Baby Liv on holiday!



Decided we should bring Baby Liv along with us to Bangkok for a short getaway since we have already gotten her her passport months back. I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD AND EXCITED!

Photo credits to Anantara Bangkok Sathorn Hotel
We booked a skyline one bedroom suite at Anantara Sathorn Hotel for our stay in Bangkok. The room has a living room, toilet (with shower and bath tub), a bedroom, dining area and a balcony. Spacious enough for Baby Liv to roam around freely. And best part is that it is equipped with everything you possibly need. Usually, I would have to trouble the hotel staff to freeze my reusable dry ice packs so I can bring out with me later on to keep Baby Liv's breastmilk nice and chilled. But at Anantara Sathorn, they provide the entire refrigerator. Which means less hassle for the staff and I! Besides that, the room has microwave, complete set of utensils and washing machine. Very suitable for family. Location wise, It is strategically located on the edge of Bangkok's business district. Near to plenty of great shops and restaurants, BTS and MRT train stations are both just minutes from the hotel. Free shuttle transfer service to nearby shopping mall too!

We travelled around Bangkok via taxi all the time since it was more convenient to do so as we have a baby stroller and baby's barang barang stuff to bring along. It was traffic jam almost every taxi trip, at least 20-30mins each time but that was fine with us. We tried to keep our itinerary sparse so that it would not be overly overwhelming for our chubby girl. Furthermore, Baby Liv loves standing at either side of the car doors and watch passing by.


Rainy period during our visit but it did not dampen our mood. In fact, it made our mood better. Studies show that endorphin production is boosted even more when our body has to work harder in the cold, thus leading to a happier state of mind. :D

Look how amazed she was on her first flight!
Other than being absolutely curious with the aircraft, Baby Liv had behaved well during our flights. She did screeched and whined occasionally but I was pretty sure the neighbouring passengers were unaffected by her. (I would check around each time she raised her voice >.<) She would sit and play on her own most of the time. If not, she would simply snooze. It was still pretty challenging to bring a baby abroad, there were times in Bangkok when I told myself that I'll never bring her oversea ever again until she is old enough to talk and walk and eat on her own. I knew those were purely moments of frustration.

This getaway overall was more enjoyable with her around. S and I have already planned a holiday for her first birthday this coming winter! I'm keeping mum on the holiday destination until then!

*Decided to not include After You Dessert Cafe in my blog because I have something even worthy to share!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!
    see here

    ReplyDelete