Sunday 20 September 2015

Why I choose the new Macbook.


For working adults and students, anyone who uses a personal computer frequently (like myself) or someone who just wants to get a personal computer, the new Macbook is one good option to consider.

1. OUTLOOK
Needless to say, the sleek design of the new Macbook has won the hearts of many people in this advanced technology era. It is the thinnest and lightest among all the Mac notebooks. Kudos for its feather light weight body.  I really need this because it fits snugly in my bag without any noticeable extra weight. I cannot lug anymore things that are heavy on top of Baby Liv's stuffs when I'm out and about. As I heard of negative feedbacks on the new keyboard, I feel that it is one awesome change. For me, I like its thinner construction . It feels effortless to hit those keys. Undeniably beautiful, enough say.

2. RETINA DISPLAY
Clear, bright and colourful display thanks to its 2304 x 1440 super high resolution. Those fine details.. whoa! Never thought watching HD movies and browsing photographs on laptops can be so enjoyable. Aren't everything appear picture perfect on the new Macbook?

3. PERFORMANCE & BATTERY LIFE
This gorgeous machine here is capable of multi-tasking. Besides the actual work I have to do, I can  check my mail, open up multiple Safari tabs, constant streaming of Facebook feeds and music/video playback all at the same time. As for its battery life, Apple claims it can provide 9 hours of web browsing and 10 hours of iTunes playback. For working people who requires multitasking and heavy usage of the computer, it is said to be able to last you about 4.5 hours. It is not considered a long time span since our working hours usually is about 7-8 hours. But we usually will plug in to a power point in the office. And I believe there are only very very small percentage of us will use 4.5 hours of our own time to work outside the workplace. :p

4. FORCE TOUCH TRACKPAD
The force touch trackpad lets you "Force" click by pressing on the trackpad and applying more pressure. Trackpad settings are adjustable to match the pressure you want in the System Preferences. Its one way I make use of the Macbook efficiently. It allows me to take advantage of new functionality in many apps and system features on the Macbook.

Bygone to the power, USB, HDMI ports and whats not. Its now the USB-C port, one port, multi-use jack, everything under one roof. But you will need a multiport adapter since most of the gadgets (including iPhones) are still using USB cable. >.< It's cumbersome to bring the adaptor because I will forget to bring at least one item ALL THE TIME when I'm out. But well, the USB-C is one of the reason the Macbook looks sleek. Yay?

And and and!! Its fanless design allows cool and quiet operation. No more overheating and heat related discomfort, my hands will never have to feel like they are running a fever after using my notebook. Best is that there will be no more interruptions to Baby Liv's sleep while I work on my Macbook!

I'm still a newbie to my Macbook so I have not encounter any drawback. As of now, the only downside of it is its hefty price tag. Prices start from $1,788 for 256GB & $2,288 for 512GB.

The new Macbook is available in 3 colors: Silver, Gold, Space Grey.

Do check out Apple website for more details on their tech specs etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment